Sunday, March 23, 2008

Jeju

Wow, so much has happened in the last few days. Wednesday night was a very late night and we didn't even get in until 4am. Unfortunatley I woke up about three hours later with food poisoning. Yuck!!! There's a first time for everything. I was sick all day and my stomach still isn't quite the same yet. But I was very grateful to get a couple of healing from some of the great sabumnims. Friday moring we left for Jeju Island. The Island of Peace. There is no crime here. The have no theft, hunger or homeless people here. It looks like the Hawaii of the east. The energy is so amazing!!! My stomach has been able to heal faster, but i have also felt some myung hyung in other ways. The first day we went and visited the Shunchan. It was a special place to offer gratitude to the land and it's people. After we went to go perform at one of the universities and had dinner with the local Body and Brain Club. Afterwards they performed some dances for us and showed us how to do them. very cool! Yesterday we had a chance to take a short ferry over to U-Do island. We had a chance to ride scooters around the whole island following the beach. The water were so beautiful and blue and a few of us actually went swimming in the oh so cold water. We took the ferry back and climed up Sungsanilchooleumb mountain. It's also called the sunrise peak. It was so beautiful. You could see the whole island.
Later in the day we went to a center that has been opened for 23 years. It had such great energy. I was so excited because I finally was able to walk on my hands for the first time. I took 24 steps. We later got to enjoy a night out of american pizza, alhtough I have noticed my body is changing and can't handle or doesn't enjoy the same foods. Today we are performing at the in Jeju and the city is honoring Dr. Ilchi Lee today. There is to be about 2500 people here today. It's still pretty crazy to be on stage in front of all those people.
For the most part I am really enjoying everything, but I have started to feel homesick. Also one of our team members left a few days ago and although it was probably best for him, the journey feels a little incomplete at times. I know it will get better as we go, but for now it still feels a little strange. Definaltey the homesickness is getting to me. I wish that I could just have the comfort of something american or familiar for just a little while. There is always so many new things, that it can be a little overwhelming at times. Being in a group can be difficult. I am trying to handle all of my myung hyung and negative emotions without letting that energy pass on to others. Without much alone time, it is hard to regroup myself or sometimes I feel a little scattered without my homebase. Overall I know this will pass and I will be embracing this more in a few days or hours. I love you all at home and miss you. Happy Easter!!!!!!!!

No comments: